Also included in
- Teach your students about American holidays celebrated in October, November and December with this bundle of 5 resources! There are word searches and crossword puzzles for Columbus Day, Halloween, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and Hanukkah. Each resource includes 3 word search puzzles$13.00$16.25Save $3.25
- These holiday word search and crossword puzzles help you teach your students about 19 Federal and other American holidays. Each resource in this bundle includes 3 word search puzzles at different levels of difficulty and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank. All the puzzles for each holiday use the$46.80$58.50Save $11.70
Want a fun way to teach Christmas and Hanukkah vocabulary words? Try these Digital and Print holiday word search and crossword puzzles! This resource includes 3 differentiated word searches and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank. All 4 puzzles use 10 words about Christmas and 10 words about Hanukkah. Please see below for a list of the words.
✓ Please note:
* A Boom Learning℠ resource with the same Christmas and Hanukkah vocabulary words can be found HERE.
* This resource is included in a money-saving bundle of October, November, and December holiday word search and crossword puzzles, which you can find HERE.
* This resource is also included in a money-saving bundle of holiday word search and crossword puzzles for the whole year; it's available HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
20 Christmas and Hanukkah vocabulary words related to the holidays.
All students but especially English Language Learners who are not familiar with the holiday.
* Use it to introduce lessons about Christmas and/or Hanukkah or to extend learning after teaching about the Hanukkah and/or Christmas.
* Puzzles can be used for homework, in centers, as fillers, and for early finishers.
* Printable and Digital versions mean it can be used both with in-person classes and distance teaching.
* The Digital version lets students practice some technology skills.
The Christmas and Hanukkah word searches have 3 levels of difficulty which are based on the direction the words are written in the puzzle, to meet the needs of all your students, including English Language Learners. Answer keys are included for all the puzzles. There is a word bank for the crossword puzzle for students who need additional support.
The words used in these holiday word search and crossword puzzles are: Applesauce, Candles, Carols, Chanukah, Christmas, Dreidel, Elves, Gelt, Gifts, Ham, Latkes, Light, Maccabees, Menorah, Mistletoe, Oil, Reindeer, Santa Claus, Stocking, Tree.
The PDF file includes background information for teachers, instructions on how to access the online materials, directions for completing the puzzles, plus all the word searches and the crossword puzzle with their answer keys and word bank. The Google Drive™ materials include instructions for using the materials, the word search puzzles and the crossword puzzle, the word bank, and the answer keys for the puzzles.
Some ways to use the Christmas and Hanukkah vocabulary words in this resource:
* For words that may be new to your students, you can have them find their definitions and use those words in sentences.
* Students can also draw pictures that illustrate the words to show their understanding.
* More proficient students can write paragraphs or stories that include some of the words.
* Another way to extend your students’ learning is to have them record their sentences or stories online for speaking and technology practice.
You can use this holiday word search and crossword puzzle resource remotely in 2 ways:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, use the Google Drive version.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the puzzle(s) you want your students to do and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and email/send the material home. Alternatively, if students have printers, email the puzzle(s) to them and tell them to print the work out themselves. Tell students what to do and have them email/send you their work when they’ve completed the puzzle(s). Use the rubric to correct the work if you prefer doing that yourself.
Help your students enjoy the spirit of Christmas and Hanukkah with this holiday puzzles resource!
What you get in this Christmas and Hanukkah word search and crossword puzzles product:
★ A list of materials in the PDF and Google Drive™ files (1 page)
★ Notes to the Teacher (explanatory information for teachers) (1 page)
★ Instructions for accessing the Google Drive™ materials (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 pages)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 pages)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 page)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 pages)
★ Copyright, related products, social media, and credits information (1 page)
★ Cover page (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 slides)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 slides)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 slide)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 slides)
★ Cover page (1 page)
You might also like these holiday products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.