Digital and Printable Create Your Own Novel Unit for Middle School
This unit has been created for my students in order to help them better navigate their own independent reading. The goal is that they are to create a unit that matches the learning they are doing while reading their own personal novel.
Because I choose a mentor text and have students reading their own independent reading books, this is the ideal tool for them to work to:
- identify/analyze characters
- use context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words
- determine BIG ideas from each chapter
- develop literal and inferential questions about the text
- identify plot elements, identify different types of conflict
- write thoughtfully about their text demonstrating synthesis
- RUBRIC Included for student evaluation
- Google Slides Mini-Lessons to enhance student understanding
I have created it to be used as both a digital and/or printable unit. Keep in mind, students can students can duplicate and delete slides as needed.
If you are looking for a resource that students can use in the classroom or through distance learning, this is the ideal tool.
Why use Digital Assignments?
•This resource is paperless, but can be printed.
•Students work directly in the given file.
•Technology is integrated into instruction.
•Students are highly engaged in their work.
•Common Core aligned.
•Easily accessible with Google Drive access.
Whether your students are just beginning their digital journey or are experts, they will love the chance to tackle the novel response process digitally.
For students that require more paper and pencil work, print out the student writing tools.