Also included in
- Teach your students about American holidays celebrated in March, April and May with this bundle of 4 resources! There are word searches and crossword puzzles for St. Patrick’s Day, Earth Day, Mother’s Day, and Memorial Day. Each resource includes 3 word search puzzles and 1 crossword puzzle. All the$12.80$16.00Save $3.20
- These holiday word search and crossword puzzles help you teach your students about 19 Federal and other American holidays. Each resource in this bundle includes 3 word search puzzles at different levels of difficulty and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank. All the puzzles for each holiday use the$52.20$65.25Save $13.05
Help your students learn about Earth Day with the 3 word search puzzles and 1 crossword puzzle in this resource! All the puzzles use 20 words and phrases related to this environmental holiday and come in digital and printable versions. Please see below for a list of the terms.
✓ Please note:
* This Earth Day resource is included in a small money-saving bundle of 4 March, April, and May holiday word search and crossword puzzles; you can find it HERE.
* A larger bundle with word searches & crossword puzzles about 19 American holidays that also includes this Earth Day product, you can find this money-saving resource HERE.
* A Boom Learning℠ resource with the same Earth Day vocabulary words is available HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
20 vocabulary words related to Earth Day and the environment.
All students, including English Language Learners who don’t much about Earth Day.
* Use it to introduce lessons about Earth Day, the environment, ecology, and/or climate change.
* Puzzles can be used in a center, for early finishers, as homework assignments, and as fillers if you have time remaining in a class period.
* Printable and digital versions let you use the puzzles for in-person classes and for distance learning.
* The digital version gives students practice in some technology skills.
What educators who have used this resource say about it:
♥ “This resource was a terrific addition to our learning. Thank You!” — Susan W.
♥ “Awesome resource! Helped me tremendously!” — Kyle J.
♥ “Easy to pull up and print to use with students that complete tests early.” — Suzanne V.
What you get in this product:
★ A list of materials in the PDF and Google Drive™ files (1 page)
★ Notes to the Teacher (explanatory information for teachers) (1 page)
★ Instructions for accessing the Google Drive™ materials (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 pages)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 pages)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 page)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 pages)
★ Copyright, related products, social media, and credits information (1 page)
★ Cover page (1 page)
★ Cover page (1 slide)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 slides)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 slides)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 slide)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 slides)
The word searches are available at 3 levels of difficulty, based on the direction the words are written in the puzzle, so they can meet the needs of all your students, including English Language Learners. Answer keys are provided for all the puzzles. In addition, there is a word bank for the crossword puzzle for students who need additional support.
The terms used in the puzzles are: Air, April, Climate, Earth, Endangered, Energy, Environment, Future, Green, Litter, Nature, Planet, Pollution, Preserve, Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, Technology, Trees, Water.
Both Print and Google Drive™ versions are provided for all the puzzles. The PDF file includes teacher notes, instructions for accessing the online materials, instructions for completing the puzzles as well as all the word searches and the crossword puzzle with their answer keys. The Google Drive™ materials include directions for using the materials, the word search puzzles and the crossword puzzle, and the answer keys for the puzzles.
Here are some suggestions for using this resource:
★ For words that may be new, you can have your students find their definitions and use those words in sentences.
★ Students can also draw pictures that illustrate the words to show their understanding.
★ More proficient students can write paragraphs or stories that include some of the words.
★ Extend your students’ learning by having them record their sentences or stories online, for speaking and technology practice.
★ Have students make a poster about the environment, label or caption it with some of the target words, and then explain what it represents orally and/or in writing.
You can use this resource remotely in 2 ways:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, use the Google Drive version.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the puzzle(s) you want your students to do and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and email/send the material home. Alternatively, if students have printers, email the puzzle(s) to them and tell them to print the work out themselves. Tell students what to do and have them email/send you their work when they’ve completed the puzzle(s). Use the rubric to correct the work if you prefer doing that yourself.
Your students will enjoy celebrating Earth Day with this resource!
You might also like these products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.