Also included in
- Find task cards, word searches, and a crossword puzzle in this bundle of 3 Halloween products! There are Print and Google Drive™ versions of all the resources. Each product is based on 20 Halloween-themed vocabulary words (see below for a list of the words) to help English Language Learners and otPrice $9.40Original Price $12.00Save $2.60
- Teach your students about American holidays celebrated in October, November and December with this bundle of 5 resources! There are word searches and crossword puzzles for Columbus Day, Halloween, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and Hanukkah. Each resource includes 3 word search puzzlesPrice $13.60Original Price $19.25Save $5.65
- These holiday word search and crossword puzzles help you teach your students about 19 Federal and other American holidays. Each resource in this bundle includes 3 word search puzzles at different levels of difficulty and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank. All the puzzles for each holiday use thePrice $52.20Original Price $67.50Save $15.30
These 3 word search puzzles and 1 crossword puzzle give your students a fun way to learn about Halloween. All the puzzles use the same 20 words related to this popular American holiday. Both Print and Google Drive™ versions are provided for all the puzzles. Please see below for a list of the words.
✓ Please Note:
* This resource is included in a money-saving bundle with 2 other Halloween resources; you can find it HERE.
* This resource is also included in another money-saving bundle with 4 other October & November & December holiday puzzle resources; you can find it HERE.
* You can also find this Halloween resource in a big money-saving bundle with word search and crossword puzzles for 17 other holidays occurring throughout the entire year. It's available HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
* 20 vocabulary words and phrases about Halloween.
* All students, including English Language Learners who may not be familiar with how the holiday is celebrated in the U.S.
* Use it to introduce lessons about Halloween or to extend learning after teaching about the holiday.
*Puzzles can be used for homework, in centers, as fillers, and for early finishers.
* Printable and digital versions mean it can be used both with in-person classes and when teaching virtually.
* The digital version gives students practice using some technology skills.
What educators who have used this resource say about it:
♥ "Students loved it." -- Debra C.
♥ "Perfect to do after tests or for early finishers." -- Candace N.
♥ "Fun! Great for a sub activity or Friday fun. Love it!" -- Donna P.
What you get in this product:
★ Cover (1 page)
★ A list of materials in the PDF and Google Drive™ files (1 page)
★ Explanatory information for teachers (1 page)
★ Instructions for accessing the Google Drive™ materials (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 pages)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 pages)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 page)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 pages)
★ Copyright, related products, social media, and credits information (1 page)
★ Cover (1 slide)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 slides)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 slides)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 slide)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 slides)
These Halloween word searches are available at 3 levels of difficulty based on how the words are written in the puzzle, so they can meet the needs of all your students. Answer keys are provided for all the puzzles. In addition, there is a word bank for the crossword puzzle about Halloween for students who need additional support.
A PDF file includes teacher notes, instructions for accessing the online materials, instructions for completing the puzzles as well as all the word searches and the crossword puzzle. The Google Drive materials include instructions telling students how to do the holiday puzzles, all the word search and crossword puzzles, the word bank for the crossword puzzle, and answer keys for all the Halloween puzzles.
The vocabulary words included in this resource about Halloween are: Apple, Bat, Broom, Candy, Cat, Cauldron, Cemetery, Coffin, Costume, Ghost, Jack O'Lantern, Moon, Mummy, Pumpkin, Skeleton, Skull, Trick or Treat, Vampire, Witch, Zombie.
Here are some additional ways you can use the vocabulary words in these Halloween puzzles:
★ For words that may be new, you can have your students find their definitions and use those words in sentences.
★ Students can also draw pictures that illustrate the words to show their understanding.
★ More proficient students can write paragraphs or stories that include some of the words.
★ Extend your students’ learning by having them record their sentences or stories online, for speaking and technology practice.
You can use this Halloween vocabulary puzzles resource remotely in 2 ways:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, use the Google Drive version.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the puzzle(s) you want your students to do and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and email/send the material home. Alternatively, if students have printers, email the puzzle(s) to them and tell them to print the work out themselves. Tell students what to do and have them email/send you their work when they’ve completed the puzzle(s). Use the rubric to correct the work if you prefer doing that yourself.
Let your students enjoy the Halloween season with these spooktacular puzzles!
You might also like these holiday products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.