Also included in
- This Fraction Fun Bundle includes the following units. If you have purchased these units separately then you do NOT need to purchase the bundles! Fraction FlapbookFraction SundaesFraction PizzaGumball FractionsBecome a Fraction Fanatic Looking for more fraction activities? Check out the units be$14.50$16.55Save $2.05
Are you looking for a fun activity to use when teaching about fractions?! In this activity students create a fraction pizza to display their knowledge of fractions. The best part? This activity comes in a DIGITAL and PRINTABLE version! You get both in this download!
A note about this activity: Students are finding the fraction for each topping used. So, if they put pepperonis on 4 out of 8 slices, their fraction for pepperoni would be four-eighths. If they put olives on 2 slices, their fraction would be two-eighths. This allows them to layer toppings on slices.
Here's how it works digitally: Students move the pieces to create the pizza. Students create their pizzas out of the toppings they wish to use. Then students fill out a recording sheet to share the fractions they created.
- Slide 1: Directions
- Slide 2: Create the pizza
- Slide 3: Type the fractions
*There are 5 digital files to choose from: Pizzas split into: thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths
*There are 2 recording sheets for fractions: numerical fractions or words
Here's how it works with the printable version: Students cut out and glue their pizza together. Students then write the fractions created on their recording sheets.
- Template to create pizzas: Pizzas divided into thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, and eighths
- Topping templates included: pepperoni, sausage, bacon, olives, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers
- Recording sheet for fractions
You will receive the digital files in the following formats:
Power Point Users: There are files that you can simply open up and use... or add them to your Google Account/Platform of choice
SEESAW Users: These activities are preloaded. With just a click (that is provided) you can save and assign the activities
GOOGLE Users: You can download the files directly to your Google account with just the click of a button! Or you can manually add the PowerPoints if you prefer that!
*This purchase is for SINGLE USE ONLY. To share with other teachers or teammates, an additional license will need to be purchased.
Looking for more fraction activities? Check out the units below: