Digital and Printable Mothers Day Word Search & Crossword Puzzles
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Teach your students about American holidays celebrated in March, April and May with this bundle of 4 resources! There are word searches and crossword puzzles for St. Patrick’s Day, Earth Day, Mother’s Day, and Memorial Day. Each resource includes 3 word search puzzles and 1 crossword puzzle. All thePrice $11.60Original Price $14.50Save $2.90
- These holiday word search and crossword puzzles help you teach your students about 19 Federal and other American holidays. Each resource in this bundle includes 3 word search puzzles at different levels of difficulty and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank; print and digital versions of all puzzlesPrice $50.50Original Price $63.25Save $12.75
Give your students a head start on honoring their mothers or mother-figures with the 3 word search puzzles and 1 crossword puzzle in this Mother’s Day resource. All the puzzles use 20 words and phrases related to the Mother's Day holiday. Please see below for a list of the terms.
✓ Please note:
* A Boom Learning℠ resource with the same Mother’s Day vocabulary words is available HERE.
* 10 of the words used in these puzzles are also used in the complementary Father’s Day resource, available HERE. Use them both to reinforce your students’ learning!
Resource at a Glance:
* 20 vocabulary words about Mother’s Day.
* All students, including English Language Learners.
* Use when teaching about American holidays, the role of women in the U.S, and/or families in America.
* Puzzles can be used for fun, as homework, in a center, for early finishers, or when you have some extra time left in a class period.
* Printable and Digital versions mean it can be used both with in-person classes and distance teaching.
* The Digital version lets students practice some technology skills.
What you get in this Mother's Day product:
★ A list of materials in the PDF and Google Drive™ files (1 page)
★ Notes to the Teacher (explanatory information for teachers) (1 page)
★ Instructions for accessing the Google Drive™ materials (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 pages)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 pages)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 page)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 pages)
★ Copyright, related products, social media, and credits information (1 page)
★ Cover page (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 slides)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 slides)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 slide)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 slides)
★ Cover page (1 slide)
The word searches are available at 3 levels of difficulty, based on the direction the words are written in the puzzle, to meet the needs of your English Language Learners and other students. There are answer keys for all these Mother's Day puzzles. There is also a word bank for the crossword puzzle for students who need additional support.
The terms used in all the Mother's Day puzzles are: Appreciate, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Candy, Card, Children, Daughter, Flowers, Gift, Gratitude, Hug, Jewelry, Love, May, Mom, Mother, Relax, Son, Sunday.
Here are some ways to use this Mother's Day resource:
★ For words that may be new, you can have your students find their definitions and use those words in sentences.
★ Students can also draw pictures that illustrate the words to show their understanding.
★ More proficient students can write paragraphs or stories that include some of the words.
★ Extend your students’ learning by having them record their sentences or stories online, for speaking and technology practice.
★ Have students create a Mother’s Day card that includes a picture of one of the target words.
★ Ask students to use some of the target words and explain how they celebrate Mother's Day in their family and/or country (if they are immigrants and willing to share their customs).
Both Print and Google Drive™ versions are provided for all the puzzles:
* The PDF file includes teacher notes, instructions on how to access the digital materials, directions for completing the Mother's Day puzzles, all the word searches, and the crossword puzzle plus word bank, and all the answer keys to the puzzles.
* The Google Drive™ materials include directions for using the slides, the word search puzzles and the crossword puzzle, the word bank, and the answer keys for all the Mother's Day puzzles.
You can use this Mother's Day resource remotely in 2 ways:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, use the Google Drive version.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the puzzle(s) you want your students to do and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and email/send the material home. Alternatively, if students have printers, email the puzzle(s) to them and tell them to print the work out themselves. Tell students what to do and have them email/send you their work when they’ve completed the puzzle(s). Use the rubric to correct the work if you prefer doing that yourself.
Your students will enjoy celebrating Mother’s Day with this resource!
You might also like these products:
★ Mother's Day Vocabulary Boom Cards™
★ Women's History Month: Biography Task Cards for Writing, Speaking & Listening
★ American Holiday Posters for March, April & May in Acrostic Poem Format
★ Quotation Posters about Respect & Kindness: Writing and Discussion Prompts
★ End of Year English and English Language Arts Persuasive Writing Activity
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the star by my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.