Also included in
- Teach your students about American holidays celebrated in January and February with this bundle of 4 resources! There are word searches and crossword puzzles for New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Valentine’s Day, and Presidents Day. Each resource includes 3 word search puzzles and 1 crosswor$10.40$13.00Save $2.60
- These holiday word search and crossword puzzles help you teach your students about 19 Federal and other American holidays. Each resource in this bundle includes 3 word search puzzles at different levels of difficulty and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank. All the puzzles for each holiday use the$46.80$58.50Save $11.70
Here’s a fun resource for Valentine’s Day! This printable and digital vocabulary resource includes 4 puzzles: 3 differentiated word searches and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank included. All 4 Valentine’s Day puzzles use the same 20 vocabulary words about this lovely holiday. Please see below for a list of the words.
✓ Please note:
* A Boom Learning℠ resource with the same Valentine’s Day vocabulary words is available HERE.
* A money-saving bundle of 4 January and February holiday word search and crossword puzzles includes this resource; you can find it HERE.
* This Valentine’s Day resource is also included in another big, money-saving bundle with word searches & crossword puzzles about 19 American holidays, which you can find HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
20 vocabulary words related Valentine’s Day.
All students, including English Language Learners.
* Use when teaching about the history of Valentine’s Day and/or when teaching about Christianity in Social Studies classes.
* Puzzles can be used for homework, in centers, as fillers, and for early finishers.
* Printable and Digital versions mean it can be used both with in-person classes and distance teaching.
* The Digital version lets students practice some technology skills.
The Valentine’s Day word searches have 3 levels of difficulty which are based on the direction the words are written in the puzzle, to meet the needs of all your students, including English Language Learners. Answer keys are included for all the puzzles. For students who need additional support, a word bank accompanies the crossword puzzle.
The terms used in these holiday word search and crossword puzzles are: Arrow, Be Mine, Bow, Candy, Card, Chocolate, Cupid, Dinner, February, Flowers, Heart, Love, Pink, Poetry, Red, Romantic, Roses, Secret, Sweetheart, Valentine.
In the PDF file, you’ll find background information for teachers, instructions on how to access the online materials, directions for completing the puzzles, plus all the word searches and the crossword puzzle with their answer keys and word bank. In the Google Drive™ materials, you’ll find instructions for using the materials, the word search puzzles and the crossword puzzle, the word bank, and the answer keys for the puzzles.
Here are some suggestions for using this resource:
★ For words that may be new, you can have your students find their definitions and use those words in sentences.
★ Students can also draw pictures that illustrate the words to show their understanding.
★ You can tell your students to choose 5 of the words and write a poem that includes all of them.
★ More proficient students can write paragraphs or stories that include some of the words.
★ Extend your students’ learning by having them record their sentences or stories online, for speaking and technology practice.
Here are 2 ways to use this Valentine’s Day resource when teaching remotely:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, use the Google Drive version.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the puzzle(s) you want your students to do and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and email/send the material home. Alternatively, if students have printers, email the puzzle(s) to them and tell them to print the work out themselves. Tell students what to do and have them email/send you their work when they’ve completed the puzzle(s). Use the rubric to correct the work if you prefer doing that yourself.
Your students will have fun celebrating Valentine’s Day with this resource!
What you get in this product:
★ A list of materials in the PDF and Google Drive™ files (1 page)
★ Notes to the Teacher (explanatory information for teachers) (1 page)
★ Instructions for accessing the Google Drive™ materials (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 pages)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 pages)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 page)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 pages)
★ Copyright, related products, social media, and credits information (1 page)
★ Cover page (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (4 slides)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 slides)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 slide)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 slides)
★ Cover page (1 slide)
You might also like these products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.