Also included in
- This is the ultimate bundle of graphic organizers for studying literary devices and literary anlaysis with any novel or short story. These graphic organizers also work for literature circles. Over 75 graphic organizers to inspire students during and after reading literature are included. These organ$13.45$19.22Save $5.77
Teaching characterization with a novel or short story? These characterization activities will engage students, and provide ample opportunities for character analysis.
You will receive a PDF for printing as well as links for digital use.
Included are 20 activities for characterization:
1. What apps would my character have?
2. They said what?! - direct characterization
3. This probably means... - indirect characterization
4. Types of characters - stock, static, dynamic, flat, round - blank
5. Types of characters - stock, static, dynamic, flat, round - with definitions
6. Types of characters: flat vs. round
7. Types of characters: static vs. dynamic
8. When my character was younger...
9. What clothes belong on my character? - indirect characterization
10. Drawing conclusions from direct and indirect characterization
11. My character has changed!
12. Narrating - what the narrator says
13. Interaction - breaking down how two characters interact
14. Reaction - how characters react to events
15. In the end... - how a character changed throughout the story
16. Using binoculars - narrator’s point of view
17. Objectively - writing an objective summary of a character’s actions
18. How does the story’s setting affect the character?
19. What is a protagonist?
20. What is an antagonist?
You can see an image of most of these in the thumbnails, and the preview has a selection as well.
These Characterization Graphic Organizers are part of a money-saving bundle! The Literary Devices Graphic Organizers for Any Novel or Short Story has a total of 75 graphic organizers to get students writing and talking about literature.
Looking for more graphic organizers for literature?