Digraph CK Structured Digital Phonics Lessons
- Google Slides™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These NO-PREP, research-aligned structured literacy phonics lessons (with phonemic awareness included), containing over 2,000 animated digital slides, will save your planning time and keep your K-2 students engaged, whether you are in person or teaching remotely. These lessons are effective for teacPrice $52.00Original Price $101.00Save $49.00
Save your planning time and build your students' proficiency in Digraph CK words with these engaging slides. Whether you are in person or teaching remotely, your students will enjoy these structured literacy lessons. Phonemic awareness, decoding and encoding short vowel Digraph CK words, as well as decodable sentence reading and writing activities, are presented in over 100 animated, NO PREP Google Slides™.
This skill set targets Kindergarten and First Grade foundational reading standards, but you may use them in older grades for Intervention, Special Education, or with English Language Learners.
Perfect for whole group, small group, distance learning, hybrid, homeschool, or tutoring.
What Is Included in This Resource?
- Suggested pacing guide if you'd like to break up the lesson over five days
- Easy-to-follow teacher notes to lead each activity
- Guided discovery of the CK sound with real photographs and an embedded mnemonic illustration of the keyword (sock)!
- 15 closed syllable (short vowel) words for CK decoding practice
- Word chain speed round for word reading fluency
- 6 bonus words for decoding practice of digraph CK AND consonant blends
- 21 slides for encoding practice of words with digraph CK
- Irregular word practice with editable text boxes and symbols
- 5 decodable sentences for digraph CK reading application
- 5 digraph CK sentence writing/dictation exercises
- 3 mystery picture (hidden real photograph) word chains (*student favorite!*)
- 8 slides for optional practice of phoneme substitution and deletion
- 7 slides of minimal pairs with editable text boxes
How to Use This Resource to Teach Digraph CK Words Effortlessly
Just open up the presentation, share your screen, and read the speaker notes to guide you and your students through all of the reading and spelling activities. These are teacher-led lessons (all easy-to-follow directions are provided). This resource is not designed to be used as independent student practice.
PLEASE NOTE: This resource is a Google Slides™ Presentation. TPT requires that you allow access to your Google Drive™ so that the resource may be added.
This presentation includes word chaining, which is an effective strategy to build strong reading habits in children. Students will see only one letter change at a time for words with CK (rock, lock, lick, etc.). This trains them to look and read carefully, building their word-reading accuracy and fluency. It also contains sets of minimal pairs (lock/block, sack/snack, etc.) for students to strengthen their decoding skills and gain mastery reading words with the DIGRAPH CK.
If you have any questions about this resource, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
This CK resource has the following companion product available for purchase.
Leave a rating and review of any product and save on future purchases.
Go to the tab in your account and look for the button next to your purchase. Click it and you'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment for any product.
Remember to follow my store to receive discounts and updates on new resources. You will receive 50% off when you buy a new, non-bundled resource within the first 48 hours!
Look for the green star next to my logo and click it to become a follower, or follow me by clicking here.
Would you like some free resources? Here's a link to my email list.
Get free resources such as Digraph CK printables, along with easy & effective teaching tips, when you sign up for the PhonoLovable Literacy Newsletter!
Here are some other places you can visit.
I hope that your students love learning Digraph CK words with this structured literacy resource!
Thanks for visiting.