This unit has everything your students need to practice the digraph /sh/. It is loaded with engaging, hands-on activities that make great centers, independent work, or small group work that is ready to go! Like all my word work units, this requires no other prep work other than printing and copying! Just print and go!
Here's what is included:
• Sh Word Family Houses: ash, ish, ush, osh, esh
• Mix it, Fix it, Write It: (2- beginning sh, ending sh) Students unscramble the words to make a sh word and write the word correctly in pencil then in rainbow colors. I recommend providing students with letter magnets for this activity so they can manipulate the letters.
• Draw It: Students read the sentences containing sh words. They draw a picture that describes the sentence.
• I Can Rhyme Sh Words: Students rhyme the sh words. They can generate the rhyming words mentally or use letter magnets to assist in making words.
• Highlight a Sh Word: Read words, highlight sh words, and record them on the lines below.
• Color a Sh Word: Color the pictures that contain a sh sound.
• My Sh Words Book: Students trace, write, and draw a picture of each sh word. They then write a sentence with the word. These pages are meant to be stapled together to form a little book, or you could use them separately.
• Sh Story: Josh’s Wish (Decodable text)
2 Activities: (1) Read, highlight sh words, and record sh words in box. (2) Read and answer questions about the story.
• Sh Word Sort: Cut, read, and sort words with beginning/ending sh
• Sh Word Family Sort: Cut, read, and sort ash, ish, ush words
• Sh Picture Sort: Cut and sort pictures by beginning or ending sh sound
*This unit is also available in a discounted bundle: Digraph Bundle: Ch, Sh, Th
I hope your students enjoy these activities! Please provide feedback! :)