This activity can be used for practicing the consonant digraphs (sh, ch, th, wh). This activity would be great to be used during small group instruction or during centers.
This item is included in my DIGRAPH MEGA BUNDLE
This game includes:
- Direction sheet
- 48 apple sorting cards
- 4 apple barrel game mats (ch, sh, th, wh)
- Matching worksheet (2 pages)
- Answer Keys for the sort and the worksheet
Idea of this activity:
1. Students will place the 4 game mats on the table.
2. The students will then sort the apple cards onto the correct game mat. For example if the card has a picture of a chin on it, they would sort the card onto the ch game mat.
3. The students will continue to sort the cards until all the cards are sorted. Afterwards, they can check their sort against the answer key to ensure that they are sorted correctly.
4. Optional -- have the students complete the matching worksheet.
Teacher Prep Needed:
* You will need to print out the sort items single sided and in color. For added durability, I recombined laminating them too.
* Next, you will need to cut out the apple sort cards. You can either cut along the black lines, or along the edge of the apple depending on your preference. The game mats take up almost the entire page, and don't need to be cut out.
* If you choose to use the worksheet, you will need to copy enough for each student. To save paper, you can also print off a few worksheets, and place them in page protectors, and have the students complete them using dry erase markers.
I have a few other digraph items that you might also enjoy!
Fish Themed Digraph Review Game
Ch And Sh Candy Corn Game
Digraph Clip It Cards
Pirate Themed Sh Digraph Game
Ch Digraph Bingo Game
Th and Wh Digraph Board Game
Digraph Write and Wipe Cards
Leaf Themed Digraph Review Game
Flower Themed Digraph Review Game
Digraph Games Bundle
Digraph Activities Bundle
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.