This unit has everything your students need to practice the digraph th. It is loaded with engaging, hands-on activities that make great centers, independent work, or small group work that is ready to go! Like all my word work units, this requires no other prep work other than printing and copying! Just print and go!
• Th Word Family Houses: ath, oth.
• Mix it, Fix it, Write It: (2: th-, -th) Students unscramble the words to make a ch word and write the word correctly in pencil then in rainbow colors. I recommend providing students with letter magnets for this activity so they can manipulate the letters.
• Draw It: Students read the sentences containing th words. They draw a picture that describes the sentence.
• Highlight a Th Word: Read words, highlight th words, and record them on the lines below.
• Color a Th Word: Color the pictures that contain a th sound.
• My Th Words Book: Students trace, write, and draw a picture of each th word. They then write a sentence with the word. These pages are meant to be stapled together to form a little book, or you could use them separately.
• Th Story: The Sloth (Decodable text)
2 Activities: (1) Read, highlight th words, and record th words in box. (2) Read and answer questions about the story.
• Th Word Sort: Cut, read, and sort words with beginning/ending th
• Th Word Family Sort: Cut, read, and sort ath, oth words
• Th Picture Sort: Cut and sort pictures by beginning or ending th sound
*This unit is also available in a discounted bundle: Digraph Bundle: Ch, Sh, Th
I hope your students enjoy these activities! Please provide feedback! Thank you!