Digraphs ch Word Work is a packet of activities to practice and reinforce phonics skills. The packet is filled with a variety of easy to use no PREP printables that include writing, a booklet, sorts, making words and sentences, and more. They’re perfect for first and second grades.
The variety of activities especially lend themselves to differentiating phonics skills practice and reinforcement for your students. The activities can be used for guided or independent practice, word work, or at a literacy center.
The packet includes:
• Read, Write, & Stamp - read the ch digraph words, write the words, and use letter stamps to stamp the words.
• Highlight a Word – highlight, write, and read (to a friend) the words that have a ch digraph sound.
• Read and Draw – read the ch digraph words and draw a picture to illustrate each one.
• Find a Word – find, cut, and glue the ch digraph words under the pictures they name.
• Real & Nonsense Words – cut, sort, and glue words to the correct category: real words or nonsense words.
• Read and Highlight – read the sentences and highlight the ch digraph words in the sentences. Read the highlighted words to two friends.
• I can write words. – write a list of ch digraph words.
• Rainbow Writing – use 3 different colors of the rainbow to trace the words with crayon.
• Build a Word – build ch digraph words that name the pictures. Use magnet or plastic letters.
• My ch Book – make a digraph book. Trace the ch digraph words, illustrate, and read the book.
• I can write a sentence. – write a sentence for each ch digraph word, and illustrate each sentence.
• I can write a story. – write a story that includes ch digraph words.
• ch Picture Sort - sort pictures into two categories: “ch words” and “other” words.
• I can make a sentence. – cut, order, and glue words to make sentences, and write the sentences.
• ch as in chick Poster
Check out the preview
to see the activities that are included in the packet.
For more phonics activities click below:
Thank you for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse