Digraphs Decodable Reading Passages for Kindergarten
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is the ULTIMATE collection of decodable short vowel reading passages. They're perfect for kindergarten and help students build phonics and reading comprehension. These reading passages are designed with NEW decoders and readers in mind. Each set includes ONLY the target skill and sight words inPrice $13.20Original Price $16.50Save $3.30
Build digraphs fluency with these decodable digraphs reading comprehension passages and questions! They are perfect for students who are newly learning digraphs.
Use them with emergent readers, kindergarteners, for intervention, tutoring, and more!
For every passage, you will find:
• The skill listed in the left hand corner so it's easy for you and your students to reference.
• 3-6 short vowel words with digraphs for the targeted skill listed with tracking dots underneath so that your students can decode the words in isolation before reading them in context. This can also be used to frontload vocabulary for ELL/ESL students.
• 3-6 sentences per passage so that your students can successfully read a story without feeling overwhelmed.
• The passages use ONLY short vowel words with digraphs and sight words so that your students can successfully decode without confusion!
• Three fluency-building smiley faces at the bottom - Students mark or color a smiley face each time they read.
• Text-based comprehension questions with multiple choice answers so that you can assess whether or not your students are comprehending what they read.
The following digraph skills are included. There is one passage per skill for a total of 7 passages. Use a passage each time you teach a new digraph so that your students can consistently and explicitly practice their newly learned phonics skills!
**As of October 17, 2022, Digital Google Slides of these passages have been added!**
**Please note this product is complete and I will not be adding any more skills. If a skill is missing, that means there were not enough short vowel words with the skill to create a comprehensible passage. Thank you for understanding.**
MORE Passages with Blends & Digraphs
Are you looking for more difficult passages targeting blends and digraphs? Try these All-in-One Reading Passages for Blends & Digraphs!
1 ► Leave me a ❓“question” in my TpT store OR
2 ► Email me Lauren@aTeachableTeacher.com
► Click HERE to follow my store and be notified when new resources are posted.
► Click HERE to join The Teachable Teachers!