Also included in
- When your students start your class, will they remember how to use scientific notation, how to apply the scientific method, all the lab safety rules, or the names of pieces of lab equipment? These color by number activities provide a fun way to teach or review the topics covered at the beginning ofPrice $20.00Original Price $24.50Save $4.50
Dimensional analysis is a problem-solving skill that can be used many times in a physical science, chemistry, or physics class. This color by number activity offers 20 practice problems for the review and reinforcement of dimensional analysis.
Students will complete 20 problems using dimensional analysis. Each correct answer will lead to a code for coloring a section of the coloring page. As students progress through the problems, the picture slowly comes to life. This resource includes student worksheets, two coloring page versions, complete answer key, and a teacher guide. Students love to color!
*Please note that prior instruction is needed before these practice problems are attempted.
What is included in this resource?
- Full Size Student Coloring Page PDF - Not Editable
- Half Size Student Coloring Page PDF - Not Editable
- Student Questions Worksheet - Editable
- Coloring Page Answer Key
- Questions Worksheet Answer Key
- Teacher Guide
What will the students be doing?
- Students are given the six-page handout containing 20 problems and the coloring page (full size or half size) you have selected.
- Students will complete each question. As each question is completed, students will color the appropriate sections on the coloring page.
- As students progress through the activity, the picture comes to life.
- You can grade this assignment in a snap just by looking at the student’s finished coloring page.
What concepts are covered?
This activity consists of 20 practice problems using the problem-solving technique of dimensional analysis.
- 2-step conversion problems
- 3 or more step conversion problems
- Metric to metric conversions
- English system to metric system conversions (Conversion factor given on student handout.)
- Metric system to English system conversions (Conversion factor given on student handout.)
- Problems in which units are squared or cubed
- Problems with scientific notation
What materials are needed?
- One coloring page per student
- One 6-Page Question handout per student
- Set of colored pencils: Students will need these 12 colors - Yellow, red, light blue, dark blue, light green, dark green, purple, orange, pink, brown, black, and gray.
How can this resource be used?
- Complete as a whole classroom activity as you teach your lessons on dimensional analysis
- Include as part of your "science skills" instruction
- Homework Assignment
- Quiz on Dimensional Analysis
- Substitute Teacher Folder Activity
Related resources include the following:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: