This pack includes everything you need to teach dimensional analysis and scientific notation skills in your science or math class. Detailed notes, practice problems, an engaging lab activity, and a quiz are all included. Often times it is hard for students to understand the big picture and real world application of the content we teach them – especially when it comes to math skills. The lab included in this pack is an excellent way for students to apply their dimensional analysis and scientific notation skills to a real world situation – making fudge. Best part of all, students actually get to make the fudge based on their calculations! Students will leave your class with a mastery of dimensional analysis and scientific notation, as well as a satisfied sweet tooth!
How can I use this?
• To teach dimensional analysis and scientific notation skills in a science or math classroom
• Fun review activity of essential math skills around holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and Mother’s Day.
What is included?
• 5 pages of teacher implementation notes
• 16-slide fully animated PowerPoint lecture notes
• 2 pages of student practice problems
• 3 page Fudge Lab Activity
• 1 page quiz
• Detailed answer key
• Conversion factors reference sheet
How much class time will this take?
To teach this pack in its entirety it will take 3-4 50-minute class periods.
What if I just want the activity?
You can buy the activity only here
but note that it does NOT include notes, practice problems, or the quiz.
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add new products often so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at 50% off by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.