Everyone loves dinosaurs!
Give your an opportunity to study dinosaurs.
Create a hook! Activate curiosity! Spark creativity!
In pairs, students cut out bones belonging to two different dinosaurs.
Students collaborate to assemble the bones. With 18 pages of dinosaur bones, 36 students can each have a different dinosaur to research.
Once the animals have been identified and assembled, each student selects one to complete and research. Each student must:
- Sketch in the missing bones.
- Draw the animal's skin or body.
- Research and draw/create the environment in which the dinosaur lived.
- Create a title page.
- Research details about their dinosaur.
- 18 pages of dinosaur bones (2 animals each).
- Reference page for each dinosaur.
- Answer key for each of the 18 pages of bones.
- Pictures of student examples.
- Student instruction page.
- Rubric for grading.
- Detailed teacher notes.
- Dinosaur Dig and Research Project- High School version
- Dinosaur Project- Elementary version
- Ultimate Geology Bucket List
- Ultimate Earth Science Bucket List
- Ultimate Colorado Geology Bucket List
- Earth Science Bucket List- Junior Level