Included in this unit are 10 ELA stations with a dinosaur theme! All activities are hands-on sorts with recording sheets!
1. Diggin’ Up Words: (R-Controlled Vowel Activity) Students dig out words (you can use rice or sand) and then record the words. I have included sheets for -ar, -or, -ir, -ur, and -er. (Pages 3-9)
2. Scrambled Stegosaurus: Students unscramble the r controlled vowel word. (Pages 10-12)
3. Velociraptor Vowels: Students sort the short vowel words. (Pages 13-16)
4. Create a Word: Make words from the letters in the word “DINOSAURS” (Pages 17-19)
5. Searching for Syllables: Students sort words by syllables. (Pages 20-24)
6. Brachiosaurus Blends: Students sort words by beginning blend. (Pages 25-29)
7. Ankylosaurus ABC Order: Students place dinosaur vocabulary words in ABC order. (Pages 30-32)
8. Uncovering Contractions: Student’s find the two words that make up the contraction. (Pages 33-36)
9. Carnivorous Compound Words: Students find the two words that combine to make the compound word. (Pages 37-40)
10. Types of Words with T-Rex: Students sort nouns, verbs, and adjectives. (Pages 41-44)
I have also included black and white copies of all of the pages. These pages are NOT included in the total page count!