Bring Dinosaurs back to life in your geometry class with this 21st Century Math Project! Using scale and proportions students will measure bones, identify species and create scale illustrations for a dinosaur encyclopedia!
In this product you will receive a 35 page PDF which includes: 2 assignments and 1 project.
- In “Whose Leg is it Anyway” students will use scale models to determine the actual dimensions of dinosaur bones. They range from simple scale model problems to using scale models to analyze.
- In “Bone Wars” students in small groups of 4-5 can either be given or must find dinosaur bones. The goal is that a group will collect 6 bones of the same dinosaur. You can have students trade bones, steal bones, buy bones, whatever you feel comfortable with. There are 8 dinosaurs included, but you do not need to use each of them for the activity to work. When students collect the bones of their dinosaur they can verify with you that they have all six pieces. They are labeled with letters, numbers or symbols and a key is provided. All of the bones are perfectly to scale.
- In “Dinosaur Encyclopedia” students will use scale to construct their own illustrations for a dinosaur encyclopedia. There are six dinosaurs provided, but you do not necessarily need to use all of them. This can be done in small groups or individually.
You can download the preview to see pretty much everything!
This product is included in the following discounted bundles. SAVE $$$!
• Congruence, Similarity & Proportion
• 21st Century Math Projects -- All the Projects
Need an Entire Curriculum?
• 21st Century Pre-Algebra –- the Entire Curriculum
• 21st Century Geometry –- the Entire Curriculum
For more tips, tricks and ideas check out the Clark Creative Education Blog
And join our community where I post ideas, anecdotes, elaborations & every once in a while I pass out TPT gift cards! And jokes! I do jokes too!
Clark Creative Education Facebook Page