Dinosaur Quotes – Inspirational Quote Posters, Writing Prompts, and Graphic Organizers
From plastic toys to blockbuster movies, dinosaurs continue to inspire the imaginations of children of all ages. These quotes connect character education and writing to a dinosaur theme. These prompts are included in the Albertosaurus Mystery Super Bundle.
• My theory in anything you do is to keep exploring, keep digging deeper to find new stuff. Blythe Danner
• The dinosaur's eloquent lesson is that if some bigness is good, an overabundance of bigness is not necessarily better. Eric Johnston
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Full color poster
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Large prompt with paragraph cues (how to turn a quote response into an essay response)
• Extra publishing paper
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.