This is a fun, 33 page resource to help your students produce a research report on Dinosaurs.This report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ dinosaur research report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned.
This report packaged is designed to have your students choose one dinosaur, to research it, and complete this report.
A simple rubric and student checklist is included. You can also add to this report by asking your students to do a model or large poster of their dinosaur as well.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following planet report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name) We created grayscale version if you can’t copy in color.
2. Which dinosaur did you choose and why did you choose it?
3. What does your dinosaur’s name mean and who was the person who found it?
4. What did your dinosaur look like, what was its size, its shape, unique characteristics? (Did it have horns, plates, crests or claws? Describe its teeth, head, neck, and tail).
5. How did its anatomy affect its life?
6. How did your dinosaur walk? Did it walk on two or four legs? Did it move fast or slow?
7. What has been discovered about your dinosaur’s behavior? Did it herd? Did it nurture its young? How intelligent was it?
8. What did your dinosaur eat and how did it get its food? Where was your dinosaur in the food chain?
9. Did your dinosaur have predators and if so what types? What animals did it prey upon if any?
10. What other dinosaurs was your dinosaur closely related to?
11. What did the Earth’s continents look like when it roamed the planet?
12. When did your dinosaur live? Describe the time in terms of millions of years or the geologic time period.
13. Where have the fossils of your dinosaur been found and when were they first found?
14. What are some interesting or special facts about your dinosaur?
15. Compare and contrast your dinosaur with another dinosaur that interests you. What are their similarities and differences?
16. What would our world be like today if dinosaurs were not extinct and they still were living on our planet with us? How would our world be different and what changes might we have to make in order to live successfully?
17. Illustrate your dinosaur.
18. Illustrate your dinosaur in its habitat.
19. A “Circle Map” has been included for your students to write down some basic, preliminary information about the dinosaur they chose.
20. Blank paper to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
21. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
22. Ideas on how to research your report
23. Note taking bullet form template
24. Note taking lined form template
25. Resource pages and Bibliography Template
26. Student Checklist for editing and revising
27. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
28. Common Core ELA Standard
29. Teacher Notes
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research ReportCommon Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Customer Tips:How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2013 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.