AU NZ UK English Version
This Dinosaur Thematic Unit for Grades 3-4 contains the following activities and worksheets:
What is a Dinosaur?
- Background information and comprehension worksheet.
- Students will use the chart provided to find the weight of the dinosaurs in the equations. They will write the greater than > or less than < symbol to make each equation correct.
What’s in a Name
- Background information on how dinosaurs are named. Students will use the chart provided to figure out the names of each dinosaur.
- Students will match two pieces of each dinosaur vocabulary word together from the chart provided and write them on the lines.
- Students will place the dinosaur egg illustrations in alphabetical order numbering them 1 to 6.
- Students will circle the dinosaur that comes next in each pattern sequence.
Where Did the Dinosaurs Go?
- Students are provided with background information and then will write a story to explain how they think the dinosaurs became extinct.
Digging Up Dinosaurs
- Background information sheet.
- Students will see how many words they can make from the word ‘palaeontology’.
– Students will choose a dinosaur they want to learn more about and fill in the fact card.
Back in Time with the Dinosaurs
- Students will write a word for each of the parts of speech listed. When they are finished they will fill in the story making sure to write the words in the number order provided.
Design a Dinosaur
- Background information is provided on some the physical characteristics of dinosaurs. Students are to draw themselves as a dinosaur and name the dinosaur after themselves …………..osaurus.
Carnivore v. Herbivore
- Students will compare the tyrannosaurs rex and the brachiosaurus illustrations provided and write three ways they differ.
- A fun activity where students will draw a line from the dinosaur jokes to the correct answers.
If Dino’s Lived Today
- Students are asked to imagine if dinosaurs were not extinct and still roamed the earth and write how they think our lives would different.
Dinosaur Word Problems
Where Did Dinosaurs Live?
- Background information and puzzle worksheet of the continents.
Dinosaur Dig Game
- Grid co-ordinate game for practicing plotting on a simple grid.
All Answer Keys Included.
You can follow Very Busy Teachers by visiting:
How To For Teachers BlogVery Busy Teachers on FacebookVery Busy Teachers on Pinterest