This unit is designed to familiarize students with the basics of dinosaurs. Students read and answer questions or mark the text in response to directions. The unit includes:
- teacher directions
- one page of terms and practice using the terms in context;
- one page of general information about dinosaurs and related questions and directions
- five pages of information about specific dinosaurs and related questions and directions
- one page of a chart showing geologic eras, periods, and epochs, with questions and directions
- one board page of geologic eras, etc.
- a word search and self-quiz
- ANSWER KEY for the above
- three versions of a chart for students to fill in with information about individual dinosaurs, two of which must be researched
Usable as a close reading activity. Could be used in either an all-class setting or in centers.