Make your Small Group Phonics Time Fun and Engaging with these cute little DIPHTHONGS Booklets.
I created these booklets as a way for students to practice the DIPHTHONG sounds in a fun and engaging way. I believe that when more skills are included, students will grasp the concept better.
That’s why each booklet has:
• picture identification
• sentence writing
• sound boxes (key included)
• word unscramble activity
• a word search,
• ABC Order activity
9 DIPHTHONGS Booklets with 4 words each.
• oy - toy, joy, cowboy, royal
• oi - boil, point, coin, coil
• aw - claw, yawn, paw, straw
• au- haul, launch, haunt, sauce
• ow - howl, growl, crowd, shower
• ou - snout, loud, flour, south
• oo - book, hood, wood, cook
• oo - moon, stool, tooth, root
• ew - dew, screw, grew, chew
I have included words with consonant blends and consonant digraphs intentionally to be sure that these skills are being spiraled into the phonics lessons.
Ideas for use: Use the large book to teach the phonics skill. Give students the mini version to do independently. Check together when completed or with a partner.
More Phonics Booklets:
Be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
More Phonics Products: