Some students need further practice with previously taught phonics skills. This resource allows you to see if your students have mastered the oi and oy diphthongs by assessing them using the given fluency passages that are written at beginning third, fourth, and fifth grades. The passages could also be used for whole class close readings. Also included in this resource are the following:
1. A poster that explains what a diphthong is and when to use oi and oy
2. Two spelling activities
3. A word sort and corresponding worksheet
4. Three different writing activities (two creative, one summary writing)
5. Two vocabulary worksheets to reinforce word meaning of common oi and oy words
6. A review game that can be played with 2+ players
Thank you for your support!