Direct and Inverse Variation (Algebra 1 Curriculum - Mini Unit)
This bundle contains notes, homework assignments, and a test that cover the following topics:
• Recognizing a direct variation given ordered pairs, equations, and graphs.
• Identifying the constant in a direct variation.
• Solving for missing values given a direct variation relationship.
• Recognizing an inverse variation given ordered pairs, equations, and graphs.
• Identifying the constant in an inverse variation.
• Solving for missing values given an inverse variation relationship.
• Direct and Inverse Variation Application Problems - solving for missing values, and identifying the constant of variation.
If following along with my Algebra 1 Curriculum, I typically teach direct and inverse variation between Unit 4 (Linear Equations) and Unit 5 (Systems of Equations and Inequalities.)
Please download the preview to see samples of the pages!
NEW: The assessment in this unit is now EDITABLE!
Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit this file. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine, simply delete my equation and insert your own.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Direct and Inverse Variation Resource Bundle
Algebra 1 First Semester Notes Bundle
Algebra 1 Curriculum
More Algebra 1 Units:
Unit 1 – Algebra Basics
Unit 2 – Multi-Step Equations & Inequalities
Unit 3 – Relations & Functions
Unit 4 – Linear Equations
Unit 5 – Systems of Equations & Inequalities
Unit 6 – Exponents and Exponential Functions
Unit 7 – Polynomials & Factoring
Unit 8 – Quadratic Equations
Unit 9 – Statistics
Unit 10 – Rational Expressions & Equations
Unit 11 – Radical Expressions & Equations
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.