This file includes everything you need to introduce your students to the concept of culture at the same time allowing them to practice reading non-fiction text that is fun and engaging. Lots of opportunities for discussion with a culminating presentation.
A heritage homework project is also included for that all-important family connection.
This product includes...
* 2 Lessons with detailed suggestions
* COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS LIST (included in the lessons)
* Student cover sheet for folder or notebook to keep learning organized
* KWLH graphic organizer
* 2 page “Around the World” scavenger hunt using cultural features
* “Family Heritage Homework Project” sheet
* Culture definition mini poster
* “Cultural Features” header
* 6 Essential Question mini posters (including 1 blank)
* 10 skill colorful skill sheets (2 to a sheet) for your wall
* 4 Cultural Feature sheets (3 to a page) for you word wall
* 2 Vocabulary sheets (3 to a page) for your word wall including 1 blank
* 2 Map Vocabulary sheets (2 to a page) for your word wall
* 1 Map Header
* 1 “Rules for Discussion” poster
* 1 “Guidelines for Presentations” poster
* 1 page with a list of books on culture and/or unique qualities
THIS PRODUCT IS CCSS ALIGNED - CHECK THE STANDARDS ABOVE
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a part of a larger cultural unit that includes close reading, graphic organizers for critical thinking, comparing Cinderella stories and culture, dramatization, script writing, and more hands-on projects. There are over 7 lessons with several activities for group and individual work. More essential questions and skills are included. Click on the link below to check it out and save $.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit
HERE ARE THE OTHER 5 RESOURCES INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE ABOVE
Cultural Research Foldable Project: CCSS Aligned
Comparing Fairy Tales from Around the World, A Literary Adventure: CCSS Aligned
Script Writing, Puppet Making, and Dramatization Project
Before, During, and After Reading: Analysis and Discussion: CCSS Aligned
Character Analysis for Close Reading: CCSS Aligned
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THE ENGAGING UNITS OF STUDY BELOW
The Mystery Genre: Bundled Unit for Grades 3-5
Biography Informational Text Research and Project
It’s important to me that teachers are completely satisfied with their purchase!
If you have any question or concerns about this product please email me at email@example.com.
You can also go to the Q and A section of my TPT store and leave a message
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.
Click on the “SCHOOLS” link above on this page (upper right).
EARNING TPT CREDITS
After purchasing and using this product you can earn TpT credits by leaving feedback. I love reading feedback and really appreciate the time you take to let me know how you used this resource with your students and what you loved best. To leave feedback and start earning TpT credits:
1. Go to your “My Purchases" and click on the Provide Feedback link.
2. Let us know how you used this product in your classroom and what you loved best!
Download the preview to see the full list of skills included and some sample pages.
DON’T MISS OUT
If you like this product, please visit Chrysti’s Class
to see more.
All new products are on sale the first 2 days after publishing. To find out about my new products, sales, freebies, and any product updates, click the star green ★ button at the top of my store page or when you download a free resource.