This file includes everything you need to introduce your students to the concept of culture at the same time allowing them to practice reading non-fiction text that is fun and engaging. A heritage homework project is included for that all-important family connection.
This product includes...
* 2 Lessons with detailed suggestions
* Common Core Standards (included in the lessons)
* Student cover sheet for folder or notebook to keep learning organized
* KWLH graphic organizer
* 2 page “Around the World” scavenger hunt using cultural features
* “Family Heritage Homework Project” sheet
* Culture definition mini poster
* “Cultural Features” header
* 6 Essential Question mini posters (including 1 blank)
* 10 skill colorful skill sheets (2 to a sheet) for your wall
* 4 Cultural Feature sheets (3 to a page) for you word wall
* 2 Vocabulary sheets (3 to a page) for your word wall including 1 blank
* 2 Map Vocabulary sheets (2 to a page) for your word wall
* 1 Map Header
* 1 “Rules for Discussion” poster
* 1 “Guidelines for Presentations” poster
* 1 page with a list of books on culture and/or unique qualities
This product includes the following Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.4.3 Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.5 Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a part of a larger cultural unit that includes close reading, graphic organizers for critical thinking, comparing Cinderella stories and culture, dramatization, script writing, and more hands-on projects. There are over 7 lessons with several activities for group and individual work. More essential questions and skills are included. Click on the link below to check it out and save $.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit