Discovering Atomic Radius WS
Periodic Table Unit
Students will be able to…
• Identify atomic radius trends on the Periodic Table.
• Identify the atom with the largest/smallest atomic radius when given two or more elements.
• Define atomic radius, trend, effective nuclear charge, and shielding.
• Explain how shielding, energy levels, and effective nuclear charge impact the atomic radii trend on the Periodic Table.
• Discovering Atomic Radius WS
• Discovering Atomic Radius WS – KEY
• Atomic Radius Trend – Practice #1
• Atomic Radius Trend – Practice #2
• Atomic Radius Trend – Practice #1 – KEY
• Atomic Radius Trend – Practice #2 – KEY
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
Additional Required Materials:
(These items are not included in the purchase.)
• Periodic Table per student
• Assign the “Discovering Atomic Radius WS”
o After all students have completed the assignment, show the answer key and/or excellent student responses (remove names) to demonstrate good answers to students. Then allow students to make corrections to their WS.
• Assign “Atomic Radius Trend – Practice” assignments as a class assignment, warm-up, exit ticket, or HW.
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Periodic Table Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Periodic Table Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website