Circle Theorems & Properties - Discovery:
This lesson covers 10 circle theorems for high school Geometry. Students discover 4 theorems using guided half-sheet activities that require a protractor and straightedge.
Here's what's included:
- 4 half-page discoveries for the first four theorems
- Reference sheet with 10 theorems in color and in black & white (2 pages to be printed as a double-sided 8.5x11 poster)
- Recording sheets with 10 theorems for students to complete the theorem and draw a diagram (can be cut and assembled into a booklet)
The following theorems are included:
- Inscribed angles that intercept the same arc (or congruent arcs) are congruent.
- Radii of the same circle are congruent.
- A radius (or diameter) that is perpendicular to a chord bisects the chord.
- An angle inscribed in a semi-circle is a right angle.
- Arcs that intercept congruent chords are congruent.
- The segments from 2 tangent points to the point that the tangents meet outside the circle are congruent.
- A radius drawn to a tangent is perpendicular to the tangent.
- Chords that are congruent are equidistant from the center.
- The measure of an inscribed angle is half the measure of the central angle that intercepts the same arc.
- Opposite angles in an inscribed quadrilateral are supplementary.
** This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle: Circles Bundle
You may also like the following resources:
High School Geometry Super Bundle
Circle Theorems - Angle Puzzles