Discovering Circle Theorems - Guided Inquiry & Reference Pack
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Investigate, Practice, Solve, Explore, and Write Proofs with Circle Theorems!This set of six activities is perfect for High School Geometry students to learn, practice, and review properties of circles.The blend of puzzles, activities, and proofs offers a mix of fun and rigor that can be spread throPrice $12.00Original Price $15.50Save $3.50
Circle Theorems & Properties - Discovery:
This lesson covers 10 circle theorems for high school Geometry. Students discover 4 theorems using guided half-sheet activities that require a protractor and straightedge.
Here's what's included:
- 4 half-page discoveries for the first four theorems
- Reference sheet with 10 theorems in color and in black & white (2 pages to be printed as a double-sided 8.5x11 poster)
- Recording sheets with 10 theorems for students to complete the theorem and draw a diagram (can be cut and assembled into a booklet)
The following theorems are included:
- Inscribed angles that intercept the same arc (or congruent arcs) are congruent.
- Radii of the same circle are congruent.
- A radius (or diameter) that is perpendicular to a chord bisects the chord.
- An angle inscribed in a semi-circle is a right angle.
- Arcs that intercept congruent chords are congruent.
- The segments from 2 tangent points to the point that the tangents meet outside the circle are congruent.
- A radius drawn to a tangent is perpendicular to the tangent.
- Chords that are congruent are equidistant from the center.
- The measure of an inscribed angle is half the measure of the central angle that intercepts the same arc.
- Opposite angles in an inscribed quadrilateral are supplementary.
** This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle: Circles Bundle
You may also like the following resources:
High School Geometry Super Bundle