Thank you for considering the complete Discovering the Age & History of the Earth Scavenger Hunt Packet! In this file you will find:
* A student worksheet for the scavenger hunt,
* A learning support station (or answer key) for students to check their answers and
* 20 scavenger hunt clue cards to post around the classroom.
It has been created and designed with middle school students in mind.
Students can start with any clue they choose and should not feel obligated to work in numerical/chronological clue order.
The scavenger hunt cards are meant to be printed “double sided”. Once printed, you can simply fold over the paper to display the clue # title on the outside, the clue # hidden underneath the fold and the answer to another question slightly extended beyond the page edge.
Topics covered include:
- Absolute & Relative dating (including law of superposition & index fossils)
- 3 types of plate boundaries
- Intrusions and convection currents
- Theory of Continental Drift
- Geologic time scale & fossil record
I hope you and your students find this activity helpful!