This power pack includes 6 items to help foster insightful discussions in your classroom.
1. Literary Analysis- Small Group/Class Discussion Questions- This worksheet gives students specific questions to frame a discussion of whatever novel they've just read.
--What they've learned
--How they feel about the material
--How they’d affect/change the circumstances of the novel
--How they feel about the discussion
2. Literature Circle Discussion Worksheets- These worksheets are great for guiding student discussion during literature circle meetings and help with accountability.
There are 3 sheets:
--#1 looks at characterization and important passages
--#2 looks at questioning
--#3 looks at a final, overall discussion of the book
3. Fish Bowl Discussion Instructions- Instructions and questions for a fish bowl discussion. Done with nonfiction articles but can be adapted to any topic.
4. Fish Bowl Discussion Instructions- Hot Seat - Instructions for fish bowl discussion, adapted to include a "hot seat" option where observers can jump in to the discussion once. Can be adapted to any topic.
5. Jigsaw Instructions & Discussion Questions- Jigsaws are great ways to cover more information, more in-depth, in a short amount of time. Students start in an expert group, becoming an expert on one topic. They then move to home groups where they teach their group members their topic and learn their group members' topics. This particular jigsaw is based on Stephen Crane's The Red Badge of Courage, but the instructions can be adapted to any topic.
6. Socratic Seminar Instructions- Instructions for preliminary Socratic Seminar. Lists sample questions and norms for discussion.
**As always, if you have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact me :)