Let these adorable gnomes lead the way as your students discover and express feelings of gratitude. In the full resource, you will find prompt cards, a SCOOT game, posters, notecards, and a Photo Booth activity all inside this motivating resource.
As they answer and discuss the prompt cards, students will reach inside to activate empathy, generosity, and open hearts and minds. They will find the magic that awaits in doing good deeds and the joy that can be found in ordinary tasks.
The FREE SAMPLE contains four discussion/writing prompt cards to try in your classroom.
The full resource can be found here: Grateful Gnomes
In the full resource, you will find the following:
- Use the 28 cards as discussion prompts, writing prompts, or to play a SCOOT game. The cards would be a great addition to your morning meeting (or whatever community time you have). Just discuss one card per day. The cards may also be used as quickwrite prompts or journal entries.
- The SCOOT game can be played as a prewriting or pre-dicussion activity, giving each child a beginning response. Card backs , response page, and BREAK cards are included.
- Use the posters as inspiration while you are working through the activities in this resource.
- Have some fun with the photo booth gnome hat props, and create a unique and meaningful display for your bulletin board or hallway. Attach the hats (after cutting out) to a cardstock band or headband. Then take a photo of the student wearing the hat. Four example posters are included to demonstrate how to combine a “Photo Booth” picture with a statement of one way that each student is grateful.
- Use the “Grateful” blank cards for you and your students to send messages of gratitude to each other.
- All resources are included both in full color and black/white.
The thumbnails below show the full paid resource.
Wishing you a season and year ahead of gratitude!