Discussion Texts - Bullying Unit of Work
(45-slide PowerPoint-based teaching unit with 9 worksheets)
Task - to write a discussion text addressing the question: Should we feel sorry for bullies? The unit includes a variety of activities - see below and preview images.
- Discuss and define bullying and the different forms it can take
- Sort and role-play different bullying scenarios to understand different viewpoints
- Create a mind map of the effects of bullying
- Analyze videos to understand the mindset of a bully
- Review and practise the discussion text features such as statistics, formal language choices, technical language use and opposing conjunctions.
- Learn how to structure a discussion text
- Edit and redraft writing using a checklist
To preview Discussion Texts - Bullying in more detail, go to https://www.teacher-of-english.com/discussion-texts-bullying-teaching-resources-2045.html