Take any Disney film like Mulan, or Pocahantas. Enjoy the film in class with this worksheet handout. Students will estimate which events of the movie are probably accurate, and which they think are probably inaccurate. This is a great resource for film analysis, cultural conversation, or historical comparison and contrast.
There are 5 events for each side of a graphic organizer for students to classify events of Disney films. Then they guide themselves to research 5 of the 10 events that interest them. They find a source to confirm or deny the accuracy of the film. A class discussion can follow to discuss these elements of the film. Its fun, and its important for having a filter and analyzing pop culture.
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged