This video looks at the anatomy of a chicken foot. Students learn how to identify tendons and the difference between the dorsal and ventral sides of the foot. Muscle function is discussed as students work to flex and extending the digits of the foot.
Engaging Science Labs produces materials that are useful for classroom or homeschool environments.
• Muscles can only pull, they cannot push
• Muscles come in pairs
• Tendons connect muscles to bones
• Contracting muscles may either flex or extend limbs
chicken foot, dissecting tray, dissecting tools, gloves
If you are looking for written directions to a lab such as this, click here to see the companion curriculum:
Chicken Wing and Foot Dissections
This video is part of a complete unit on Bones, Muscles, & Nerves.
Bones, Muscles, & Nerves Complete Unit
Connect with me…
• Click here to follow my blog to find out about teaching ideas and resources.
• If you enjoy this product, please leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases!
• If you have questions or problems, please let me know in the Q&A section and I’ll get back to you asap.