These Numbers 1-10 printable activities are perfect for math centers, math stations, or fast finisher tasks. They can also easily be printed out and sent home as part of your Distance Learning packs. These activities are low prep and will help your class practice and consolidate their understanding of numbers to 10 (making amounts and number formation), early addition, making 10 and greater and less than. They can also make their own dinosaur egg dot cards: the cutting and gluing will also develop their fine motor skills.
Your class will love these fun, visual dinosaur-themed Numbers 1-10 activities. As always with my math products, your class will consolidate their understanding of Numbers to 10 by working at both the representational (picture) level and with a concrete activity (making dot cards).
The 3 activities in this product:
1) T-Rex Numbers to 10 Booklet:
- This booklet contains 2 practice pages for each number. The pages feature T Rex, dinosaur eggs and a variety of different dinosaurs to color. They allow children to practice the following skills:
- counting and coloring amounts,
- tracing numbers and number words
- putting correct amounts in 10 frames
- NOTE: when printing from Adobe, make sure to choose (under print options) 'booklet', and specify the pages you want to print.
2) 10 different dinosaur-themed printables that allow children to practice the following concepts:
•Number size, greater than/less than (words and symbols)
•Addition to 10
•Beginning pre-subtraction within 10 concepts
3) 'Make Your own Dot Cards' (dinosaur egg themed):
- If you already use dot cards in your classroom, you will know how effective they are at helping children build solid number sense. Take that one step further and get your class to make their own dot cards! This product contains templates to make dot cards for numbers 3-10, as well as a page of 10 frames filled with dinosaur eggs for the children to cut out and stick to their dot cards to represent the different numbers. The 'cut and glue' aspect turns this activity into a concrete one, rather than being solely representational - something that is so important for developing number sense!
This pack works well with my Dinosaur Egg Number Sense (1-10) pack, my Dinosaur Dice and Listening Activities (Numbers 1-12) and can also be used with my FREE Dinosaur Numbers 1-10 playdough mats.