Also included in
- Add rigor and deep thinking to your math block with POWER Math Assessments. Designed for all levels of understanding, these assessments have questions that target both procedural and conceptual understanding. There is a 5 question quiz for every standard and a 20 question cumulative test for each ma$19.99$29.98Save $9.99
- The POWER Math Ultimate Bundle is everything you need for a successful year of math instruction! The resources found in this bundle were designed with the philosophy in mind that math should be POWERful. POWER stands for purposeful opportunities with engagement and rigor. You and your students deser$85.00$105.43Save $20.43
Add rigor and deep thinking to your math block with POWER Math Assessments. Designed for all levels of understanding, these assessments have questions that target both procedural and conceptual understanding. There is a 5 question quiz for every standard and a 20 question cumulative test for each math domain. This resource is truly print and go; everything you need for assessment is here!
This resource is completely digital and designed for Google Classroom. You and your students must have Google Classroom accounts in order for the assessments to be manually graded.
What's included in this product?
- 225 procedural and conceptual based math questions
- Quality prompts and word problems that promote rigorous thinking
- Space for showing work and answers
- 5 question quizzes per standard
- Combine standards to make longer quizzes
- 20 question tests per domain
- Easy prep
- Manually grades for you
- EDITABLE! Modify, delete, or add questions to fit the needs of your students
- Answer keys
Perfect for your math lessons and in class practice.
WHAT ARE P.O.W.E.R PROBLEMS?
PURPOSEFUL - These problems are meant to keep students focused, while strengthening initiative and perseverance.
OPPORTUNITIES - These prompts can be used in a variety of ways. P.O.W.E.R problems can be used to introduce a lesson, spiral review, or as formative assessments.
ENGAGEMENT - Problems are real world applicable and designed to hook students with interest and presentation. Complexity of problems promotes problem solving skills.
RIGOR - Tasks are specifically designed to challenge students and assess conceptual understanding of curriculum versus procedural understanding. Students will need to apply more than just a “formula.”
BUILD STAMINA WITHIN YOUR STUDENTS!
P.O.W.E.R problems are designed to challenge your students with their open ended presentation. Majority of problems that come from textbooks and workbooks assess procedural understanding of curriculum. Some textbooks even provide step by step instructions where the textbook is thinking for the students and taking away that “productive struggle” for children. When we rob students of that event, we rob them of their ability to reason, problem solve, and see beyond a standard algorithm. P.O.W.E.R problems are meant to show students that there are different ways to answer one question in math. With these tasks students take ownership and are part of the problem solving process versus filling in blanks in a textbook.
Number and Operation in Base Ten
➥ 3.NB.1 - Place value concepts
➥ 3.NBT.2 - Adding & subtracting whole numbers
➥ 3.NBT.3 – Multiplying numbers
Operations & Algebraic Thinking
➥ 3.OA.1 - Interpreting products of whole numbers
➥ 3.OA.2 – Interpreting quotients of whole numbers
➥ 3.OA.3 – Use multiplication and division to solve word problems
➥ 3.OA.4 – Determining unknown numbers in a multiplication or division equation
➥ 3.OA.5 – Apply properties of operations to multiply and divide
➥ 3.OA.6 – Understand division as an unknown-factor problem.
➥ 3.OA.7 – Fluently multiply and divide within 100
➥ 3.OA.8 – Solve two-step word problems using the four operations.
➥ 3.OA.9 – Understanding patterns on a multiplication chart
Number and Operation - Fractions
➥ 3.NF.1 – Understanding fractions
➥ 3.NF.2 – Understanding fractions on number lines
➥ 3.NF.3 – Equivalent fractions and comparting fractions
Measurement and Data
➥ 3.MD.1 – Understanding time
➥ 3.MD.2 – measuring and understanding liquid volume and mass
➥ 3.MD.3 – Picture graphs
➥ 3.MD.4 – Measuring length and using line plots
➥ 3.MD.5 – Understanding area
➥ 3.MD.6 - Measuring area
➥ 3.MD.7 - Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
➥ 3.MD.8 – Word problems with area and perimeter
➥ 3.G.1 – Understanding and examining shapes
➥ 3.G.2 - Partition shapes into parts with equal areas.