Also included in
- This 3-week writing bundle features mini-lessons, writing activities, daily prompts, handouts, anchor charts and grammar worksheets to use in the middle school or high school ELA classroom. Also included is a study guide for Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing - a great text for secondary stud$17.50$21.75Save $4.25
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$120.00$200.35Save $80.35
Looking for creative writing activities and creative writing curriculum for middle school and high school? This resource includes 3 weeks' worth of writing prompts, including ready-to-print creative writing journals and a digital choice board for Google Classroom.
OVERCOME WRITER'S BLOCK
NOURISH STUDENTS' DEVELOPING IDEAS
TAP INTO CREATIVE POTENTIAL
How to use this resource:
This resource includes 50 creative writing prompts, which have been formatted into various writing activities to use in the secondary classroom. These prompts engage with diverse interests and skillsets, and feature topics such as sports, fame, space exploration, nature, and art. Students will be inspired to take the perspective of a geologist, historian, artist, and athlete, and will also imagine themselves exploring a variety of situations and aspirations.
This resource includes 3 weeks' worth of daily writing prompts, which have been formatted as a daily writing journal, as well as in list form to utilize student choice. Keywords within these prompts have been underlined, offering an opportunity to explore vocabulary or solidify grammar and terminology for English Language Learners. These prompts are also featured on a Digital Choice Board that can be completed through Google Slides. Simply follow the instructions within this resource to make a copy of this file to your Google Drive.
Also included is a list of Creative Sentence Starters. To turn this activity into a fun game, these Sentence Starters have been formatted to be cut out and placed in a hat for students to select at random. Alternatively, students can select these Sentence Starters from a list in order to utilize student choice.
Additionally, an activity called "Words of Inspiration" has been included. Similar to the Creative Sentence Starters, these phrases and words have been formatted to be either cut out and chosen at random, or chosen from a list. This activity is inspired by celebrated author Ray Bradbury, who suggests using these phrases or words as inspiration to write fictional narration or a personal essay.
These worksheets have been formatted using Lexend Deca font to aid in reading proficiency.
Teaching creative writing for high school students? Check out Mondays Made Easy's 3-Week Creative Writing BUNDLE | Interactive Activities | Grammar Worksheets.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Digital Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on September 15, 2020.