Also included in
- Add rigor and deep thinking to your math block with POWER Math Assessments. Designed for all levels of understanding, these assessments have questions that target both procedural and conceptual understanding. There is a 5 question quiz for every standard and a 20 question cumulative test for each maPrice $20.00Original Price $20.00
- The POWER Math Ultimate Bundle is everything you need for a successful year of math instruction! The resources found in this bundle were designed with the philosophy in mind that math should be POWERful. POWER stands for purposeful opportunities with engagement and rigor. You and your students deserPrice $82.00Original Price $111.70Save $29.70
Add rigor and deep thinking to your math block with POWER Math Assessments. Designed for all levels of understanding, these assessments have questions that target both procedural and conceptual understanding. There is a 5 question quiz for every standard and a 20 question cumulative test for each math domain. This resource is truly print and go; everything you need for assessment is here!
This resource is completely digital and designed for Google Classroom. You and your students must have Google Classroom accounts in order for the assessments to be manually graded.
What's included in this product?
- 225 procedural and conceptual based math questions
- Quality prompts and word problems that promote rigorous thinking
- Space for showing work and answers
- 5 question quizzes per standard
- Combine standards to make longer quizzes
- 20 question tests per domain
- Easy prep
- Manually grades for you
- EDITABLE! Modify, delete, or add questions to fit the needs of your students
- Answer keys
Perfect for your math lessons and in class practice.
WHAT ARE P.O.W.E.R PROBLEMS?
PURPOSEFUL - These problems are meant to keep students focused, while strengthening initiative and perseverance.
OPPORTUNITIES - These prompts can be used in a variety of ways. P.O.W.E.R problems can be used to introduce a lesson, spiral review, or as formative assessments.
ENGAGEMENT - Problems are real world applicable and designed to hook students with interest and presentation. Complexity of problems promotes problem solving skills.
RIGOR - Tasks are specifically designed to challenge students and assess conceptual understanding of curriculum versus procedural understanding. Students will need to apply more than just a “formula.”
BUILD STAMINA WITHIN YOUR STUDENTS!
P.O.W.E.R problems are designed to challenge your students with their open ended presentation. Majority of problems that come from textbooks and workbooks assess procedural understanding of curriculum. Some textbooks even provide step by step instructions where the textbook is thinking for the students and taking away that “productive struggle” for children. When we rob students of that event, we rob them of their ability to reason, problem solve, and see beyond a standard algorithm. P.O.W.E.R problems are meant to show students that there are different ways to answer one question in math. With these tasks students take ownership and are part of the problem solving process versus filling in blanks in a textbook.
Number and Operation in Base Ten
➥ 5.NB.1 - Place value concepts
➥ 5.NBT.2 – Multiplying and dividing by powers of 10
➥ 5.NBT.3 - Number Form, Word Form, Expanded Form, and Comparing of decimals
➥ 5.NBT.4 – Rounding decimals
➥5.NBT.5 – Multiplying multi-digit numbers
➥5.NBT.6 - Dividing whole numbers
➥ 5.NBT.7 – Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing decimals
Operations & Algebraic Thinking
➥ 5.OA.1 – Order of operations (including parenthesis, brackets, and braces)
➥ 5.OA.2 - Expressions
➥ 5.OA.3 – Patterns
Number and Operation - Fractions
➥ 5.NF.1 - Adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators
➥ 5.NF.2 – Fraction word problems
➥ 5.NF.3 – Connecting fractions with division
➥ 5.NF. 4 - Multiplying a fraction by a whole number or another fraction
➥ 5.NF.5 – Interpret multiplication as scaling
➥ 5.NF.6 – Fraction word problems including mixed numbers
➥ 5.NF.7 – Dividing fractions
Measurement and Data
➥ 5.MD.1 - Measurement and converting measurement with the customary and metric systems of length, weight, mass, liquid volume, and time
➥ 5.MD.2 – Line plots
➥ 5.MD.3 – Understanding volume
➥5.MD.4 – Measuring volume
➥ 5.MD.5 – Volume word problems
➥ 5.G.1 – Understanding coordinate grids
➥ 5.G.2 – Interpreting coordinate grids
➥ 5.G.3 – Understanding the attributes of 2D shapes
➥ 5.G.4 – Classifying quadrilaterals