These digital task cards are highly colorful (conceptual), engaging, paperless, and require no prep!! All you need is a device, a free google account and access to the internet. Enlarged Visual Models and Font for Google Chrome Books!!!
Students will be able . . . . . .
- Type their answers directly on the slides in the provided text boxes.
- Drag circles to fill in multiple choice and multiple select items.
- Drag shapes to fill in fraction models
What's included . . . .
- 32 Digital Task Cards (google slides that can be use in google classroom)
- 32 Digital Task Card Answer Keys (google slides)
- Student Work Mat (Answer Document) - Student can still use paper and pencil to work out problems before they type them in.
Digital Math Task Cards aligned to Common Core Math Standard: 4.NF.3.a - I Can Statement: I can add and subtract fractions by joining parts of the same whole. It contains 32 math questions in ALL!! (Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, Unknown Answer, Short Answer, Fill in the blank, Conceptual models).
- Students will be able to choose multiple ways to decompose a fraction into a sum of fractions with the same denominator.
- Students will be able explain that addition of fractions is the joining of parts referring to the same whole and that subtraction is separating parts referring to the same whole with and without a visual fraction model to justify the explanation.
- Students will be encourage provide an example and demonstrate why when adding and subtracting fractions, the fractions must refer to the same whole.
- Students will be able to solve one-step and two-step contextual problems involving addition or subtraction of like denominator fractions referring to the same whole.
- Students will be able model addition and subtraction with visual fraction models including number lines, fraction bars, and area models.
When Can I use Task Cards? They can be used to introduce, reinforce, remediation, or enrich math skills!
- Modeling Conceptual Understanding
- Whole Group Lessons
- Exit Tickets
- Math Centers
- Early Finishers
- Test Prep or Review
Feedback is always appreciated and helps you earn TPT credits for future purchases!! Don't forget to click the green star at the top to follow me to get notifications of my newest products, sales, promotions, freebies & newsletters!
Copyright ©Math Technologist
All rights reserved by author.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.