A comprehension about deforestation- children read information and answer questions.
- What is deforestation?
- What are the reasons for deforestation?
- Logging and deforestation.
- Animals and deforestation.
- Habitats and deforestation.
- The clouded leopard.
- Spix's macaw
- Trees and carbon dioxide.
- Old growth forests.
- Replanting trees.
- Palm oil.
- The problem with palm oil production.
- Final thoughts.
If you would like the Google Slides version please click here ************
- Each slide / digital card features a short passage
- Beside each passage are some questions that encourage children to answer the question and in many cases, where relevant, explain their answer.
- There is a clear text box so that they do not have to create one.
- All images are saved as a background so that there is no frustrating movement of images or text.
- Answers guide is included.
- Great for working in a small group setting - especially with devices or to be sent to your students as a PowerPoint for distance learning.
More about the resource:
These passages are original content written by me. I have over 20 years classroom and lately online experience. I have both local and international school experience and this reflects in my resources and experience. All clip art, backgrounds, borders and fonts are mine and available to purchase with the exception of when I use the wonderful fonts by
And check out my side contents page to see digital rewards, stickers, clip art and resources.
Common Core Standards that can be linked to this resource:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.