Go digital while targeting core standards RI 3.8 & RI 4.5 with intentionality. (Can also be used as a review for 5th grade.)
Perfect for Google™️ Classroom and any other digital platform!
This all-in-one digital resource provides multiple lessons using 5 non-fiction passages. All passages focus on one high interest topic. However, each passage utilizes a different text structure to present information. Through the passages and activities, students will explore the different organizational structures of informational texts, how authors use a specific structure that is best suited for presenting ideas to the reader, and how the organization of these ideas helps the reader make connections between key details to determine the author’s main points or ideas.
Note: This is the SAME content as found in my Nonfiction Text Structure Flipbook , just in digital format.
This digit resource contains:
• A descriptive passage- the physical features of a squid
• A sequential passage- how a squid captures and eats its prey
• A compare & contrast passage- similarities and difference between a squid and octopus
• A cause & effect passage- how bioluminescence helps a squid survive
• A problem & solution passage- the exploding population of squid
Each Google™️ slide contains:
• A description of the specific text structure and the purpose it serves the author when presenting information
• A list of signal words that help students identify that specific structure
• A passage that demonstrates that specific organizational pattern
• A graphic organizer specific to analyzing that text structure
In EACH section, students will:
• Read the passage
• Highlight specific details as per directions using highlighting boxes
• Circle signal words using a circle tool
• Complete a graphic organizer using key details identified by the highlighted text to make connections between these ideas (Students type in the text boxes provided.)
• Demonstrate understanding of the specific structure by completing an exit slip (hard copy, NOT digital)
• Exit slip keys are included for possible answers.
• A "Help Desk" slide is provided for additional tech support to students
⚠️This resource is made in Google™ slides. The link will save a copy to your Google™ Drive. Great for Google™ Classroom or any other digital platform!⚠️
⭐⭐Check out my other digital resources!⭐⭐
Please visit my store for other instructional materials that intentionally teach common core standards and make planning any literature read aloud so much easier!
Needing some Ready-to-Go, detailed lessons to ignite your reading program? All you have to do is print and go!