Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
Also included in
- Help your students master phonological awareness and phonics skills with these engaging digital activities! This mega bundle gives you access to ALL my Boom phonics activities (the Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade bundles), which means you can easily differentiate for a wide range of need$187.00$296.05Save $109.05
Help your first grade students master phonics skills and spelling patterns with these engaging digital activities!
These activities will help you…
- Save tons of prep time (the games are all ready to play, no prep required!)
- Quickly and easily differentiate word work by assigning different decks to different students
- Get students EXCITED about practicing sounds, letters, words, and phonics patterns
- Hold students accountable for their independent word work activities
- Provide students with immediate feedback (no grading involved!)
- Stop worrying about students forgetting directions or not being able to identify pictures - audio directions and support are included!
The games were created on the Boom Learning℠ platform. They’re easy for young students to use and very versatile - they can be played on any tablet, computer, Chromebook, or laptop!
You do NOT have to download any apps in order to use these materials. If you would like to use an app, however, they are available for free for Apple, Google, and Kindle devices.
The bundle includes 138 different decks (games). Each deck takes about 10 minutes for students to complete. The decks have a variety of themes and include tasks like: reading words and matching them to pictures, completing words, sorting pictures or words, making words with digital magnetic letters, reading phonics-controlled sentences or brief paragraphs, and playing simple games like “I Spy.” Audio directions are included for every single task!
- CVC and short vowel word families review
- Beginning and ending digraphs review
- Double final consonants / bonus letters -FF, -SS, -ZZ, -LL
- Beginning and ending blends
- Short vowel words with blends and digraphs (and word families)
- 2-syllable words with closed syllables (short vowels) and simple compound words
- Introduction to r-controlled vowels AR, OR, IR, ER, and UR
- Silent e words
- Inflectional endings -S, -ES, -ED, and -ING
- Introduction to long vowel teams and spelling patterns
- Practice with syllable types and syllable division rules
To see a complete list of all game titles included, click HERE!
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How do I download or access these materials?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find directions and a link to click.
You’ll click the link(s) to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
Why do I have to set up an account with Boom?
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.
How many devices can I use these games with?
As many as you like! One license allows you (one teacher) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like.
Want to try out some Boom cards before you purchase?
Click HERE to download a deck for free! You can also find complete previews of several decks by clicking the PREVIEW button at the top of this page.
Boom Learning: The Fine Print:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.