- Product Description
Are your kids as obsessed with Fortnite as mine? Do you struggle with finding a healthy way of incorporating a controversial topic in class? If so, they will LOVE this bundle. 89 pages of all things FORTNITE!! Students will complete a vocabulary study then read two informational texts, answer comprehension questions that align with multiple Common Core Standards, and compare and contrast the two texts with a graphic organizer.
After completing this activity, students will develop their own opinion of whether or not Fortnite is appropriate for children. Using the included graphic organizers, students will create a paragraph (or an essay) to explain their opinions with examples and support. I have also included printables that help students during the writing process (How to hook your reader, transition word examples, and an revising and editing checklist). For the teacher, I have included a scoring rubric. There is also an editable option for a scoring rubric, so you can change it to meet your needs.
Finally, students will publish their writings for others to see using google docs (optional -- but an editable explanation sheet of how to use google docs for kids is included, as well). Once students have written their final copies, they will create a display for the hall or classroom using silly cartoon characters doing the "FLOSS" dance.
Table of Contents
**NEW -- This resource is now available as a GOOGLE SLIDES Activity! (Also included in this download!!)
1. Standards Alignment p. 4-6
2. Lesson Plan Option p. 7 -8
3. Unit Cover Sheet p. 9
4. Text One - “What is Fortnite?” Vocabulary Sheets p. 10-17
5. Text One - “What is Fortnite?” Passage p. 18
6. Text One - “What is Fortnite?” Comprehension Questions p. 19
7. Text Two- “Should Kids Be Allowed to Play Fortnite?” Vocabulary Sheets p. 20-24
8. Text Two- “Should Kids Be Allowed to Play Fortnite?” Passage p. 25
9. Text Two- “Should Kids Be Allowed to Play Fortnite?” Comp. Questions p. 26
10. Paired Text Graphic Organizer p. 27
11. Writing Organizers & Lined Paper p. 28-34
12. Writing Printables (Hook Your Reader & Transition Words ) p. 35-36
13. Writing Checklist for Revising & Editing (Student Copy) p. 37
14. Writing Scoring Rubric p. 38
15. Blank Writing Scoring Rubric (Print and fill in your own) p. 39
16. Google Doc Publishing Directions p. 40-41
17. Display Pieces p. 42 - 89
*** THIS IS A ZIP FILE. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE A PROGRAM TO OPEN THESE TYPES OF FILES ***