Also included in
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ EIGHTEEN (18) people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! ⭐When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the$138.73$277.46Save $138.73
The world is changing and how we teach and learn may look very different in a world of Covid-19 compared to what we might be used to.
Keeping a growth mindset can help as schools shut down and we switch to distance learning.
This video and slideshow is to explain to teachers and students about strategies to try as we struggle through the challenges of learning from home and online learning.
Part 1: MINDS ON
- Talking about social distancing, communication, ways of teaching and distance learning
Part 2: LESSON: Encouraging a Growth Mindset with strategies
Obstacle #1: I got distracted
- Strategy #1: Set a time to do distance-learning or you won’t do it.
- Strategy #2: Make it a habit and you’ll find things get easier and easier.
- Strategy #3: Avoid friends and turn off the social media, notifications and other distractions while you’re doing your work.
Obstacle #2: I tried. It didn’t work. I give up.
- Strategy #4: Chunk it out. Break a large task into smaller pieces that are easier to do and get your mind wrapped around.
- Strategy #5: If you find yourself stuck, you could restart. Learn from your mistakes and try again.
- Strategy #6: When you are stuck, try adding the word yet. Instead of saying I don’t get this, try saying I don’t get this, yet. And then start wondering what might have to happen in order for you to get it.
Part 3: BIG PICTURE
- Reflecting on Digital Literacy strategies
- Looking at 21st Century Competencies: Character, Citizenship, Collaboration, Communication, Creativity (Innovation), Critical Thinking
- Watch the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/NRajeV_5cdo
- Download the Growth Mindset strategies mentioned in this video in our FREE Growth Mindset Posters resource.
- Get the full transcript of this lesson.
This product contains the slideshow used in the YouTube video so you can edit the files for your classroom needs / post on your Google Classroom.