Also included in
- This writing bundle contains everything I use for writing throughout the year with my freshmen and sophomores. The preview contains a detailed map for using all of these products, which I have created to address different learners and needs. The material in this writing is available in digital and p$20.82$29.75Save $8.93
Too often, students use a cliche when they intend to add descriptive language to their writing. Unfortunately, the opposite occurs! I created this Powerpoint and activities to give students the power to fix their cliches. I have included PDFs and digital links for you to upload to your Google Drive.
Included in this cliche activity secondary students:
• Ideas for use - see the preview!
• Editable Powerpoint (14 slides) that provides students with reasons cliches hurt their writing, concrete ways to fix them, and examples.
• 20 task cards for class discussion. Each task card has a cliche that students should fix.
• An easy card to use for student conferencing. If you find a cliche in student writing, work with the student and give them the card for targeted practice.
I have found these activities helpful because after showing students the background and explanation of cliches, I give the responsibility to students to fix them. No answer key is included, but examples for eliminating cliches are.
This activity is included in the Writing Bundle for Freshmen and Sophomores if you need more writing activities for secondary students!
More writing products include: