Distance learning is challenging for all teachers, but if you can give students lots of scaffolded activities, like these and still be able to teach the standards, that's awesome.
- These can be used with any informative reading material.
- Any reading literature a student has can be used.
- Give the students a link to informative reading material you want them to read and then send them the Google Slides from this resource.
- You can use the printables for making packets, if needed.
- You can also use the printable pdf and the Google Slides as a slideshow during your teaching
Integrating Information from Various Sources is challenging for middle school students, especially when they have to craft a paragraph about that integration. If you have tried the RACE strategy, and students still don't understand, try a proven standards-based approach. This is what I now use in my classroom, and it works!
When my students didn't understand how to explain an analysis, I developed a different approach - a standards-based approach. Students learn what is expected of this standard through multiple practice opportunities with the common core RI.6.7 Integrating Information from Various Sources standard.
You can use these resources over and over again with ANY informational texts.
This resource helps you scaffold your students with classroom-proven strategies through the process of writing informative paragraphs that can be later grouped together into essays. What's great about learning this way is students get double the practice with this standard - from both reading and writing about their analysis.
Included in this resource, you'll find:
Google SlidesTM compatible link to Google file of worksheets that can be used again and again with different informational texts - 7 slides (pages)
Printable activities PDF with 16 pages
- Poster for Reading Informational Skill
- Lesson Plans for how to implement these resources
- Learning Scale/Rubric
- Reading Informational Text Vocabulary activity and notes with KEY
- Graphic organizer that incorporate the analysis of informational text with this standard
- Paragraph Frames for the writing about informational text for this standard
- Sentence Stems for Written Responses for this standard
Other resources for Common Core Reading Informational Texts Writing Activities:
RI.6.1 Cite Text Evidence and Make Inferences
RI.6.2 Central Idea and Summary
RI.6.3 Analysis of Key Individual, Event, Ideas
RI.6.4 Determining Meanings of Words
RI.6.5 Analysis of Text Structure and Development
RI.6.6 Point of View and Purpose
RI.6.7 Integrating Information from Various Sources
RI.6.8 Tracing and Evaluating Arguments
RI.6.9 Comparing Authors' Presentation of Events
RI.6.10 Reading/Comprehending a variety of texts on grade level
Writing Paragraphs for Common Core Reading Information Bundle
Other resources for Common Core Reading Literary Text Writing Activities:
Citing Text Evidence Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.1
Theme & Summary Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.2
Plot & Character Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.3
Word Meaning & Tone Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.4
Text Structures & Development Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.5
Point of View Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.6
Compare/Contrast Multimedia & Text Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.7
Compare/Contrast Themes & Topic Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.9
Reading Comprehension with Standards Tracker Writing Literary Analysis Paragraphs RL.6.10
Writing Literary Analysis Bundle for Reading Literature Common Core Grade 6