Products in this Bundle (2)
This second grade landforms and Earth changes unit gives you the flexibility to easily move between teaching in your classroom and teaching remotely with distance learning. This complete science resource combines both the print and digital versions of a highly engaging and in-depth landforms and Earth changes unit. Students learn about landforms, fast and slow Earth changes, weathering, erosion, deposition, engineering design and more.
Inside is EVERYTHING you need to teach, practice, experiment, and assess two-three weeks of NGSS aligned lessons and labs.
The detailed lesson plans and narrated audio lessons make it easy to differentiate and easy for your students to learn independently at home, or at school. The moveable, interactive digital activities make it fun for students to practice and apply what they are learning. Includes teacher directions for using and assigning the resources in Google Classroom.
This money saving bundle makes it easy to teach science no matter where you are!
· A complete Teacher’s Guide with Unit Overview and Pacing Guide
· 7 detailed, step-by-step, scripted lesson plans
· 7-Lesson Teaching Power Point with vivid, ‘real life’ photos.
· Answer keys
· Essential Questions, Objectives/ Learning Target Posters
· Student science journal with activity pages for each lesson
· 14 Quick Check/Exit Tickets, in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response and fill in the blank)
· Final Assessment with optional pages for differentiation
· 7 Science investigations/labs
· Experiment planning pages
· Vocabulary lesson cards + full page posters
· 4 Literacy-based Science Centers using science content to reinforce literacy skills
Digital unit on Google Slides
· 7 Narrated lessons with Listen & Learn slides
· 7 Digital Science journal activities
· 14 Digital quizzes in multiple choice and fill in the blank formats
· Digital differentiated unit test
4 Digital, interactive science centers: Sequencing cause & effect, classifying, compare/contrast, applying vocabulary, solving math word problems
NOTE: You will need a free Google account or Google Classroom to access the digital version on Google Slides.
Lesson 1: Describing Earth’s Land
Lesson 2: Exploring Earth’s Water
Lesson 3: Mapping Land & Water
Lesson 4: Earth’s Processes-Fast Changes
Lesson 5: Earth’s Processes-Slow Changes
Lesson 6: People Change the Earth
Lesson 7: Protecting Earth’s Land and Water
Name That Landform: Build and Describe Landforms
Making Models of Landforms
Making Maps of Models
Mapping the Height of a Mountain: Students make 3D models and topographic maps
Save the Lighthouse Erosion Lab
Design a Windbreak to Prevent Wind Erosion
*Please see the preview for details and pictures of all materials included in the download.
Around the Kampfire
Second Grade Science BUNDLES
for All Second Grade Science Units
SECOND GRADE TEACHERS
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 2nd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.
Upcoming 2nd grade units:
THIRD GRADE TEACHERS
I am now starting on the 3rd grade science series aligned to NGSS.
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 3rd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.