You have found yourself in a situation in which your clients are at home and you cannot provide face-to-face therapy. There are thousands of resources available, but the task of lesson planning and selecting them feels overwhelming! What do you pick and for whom??? No worries!
TEN WEEKS of lesson plans will provide you with exactly what you need to send home each week to keep kids engaged and practicing their skills. Each week you will send home three activities. The activities have already been sorted for you into the following categories:
- Language (level 1 – lower elementary)
- Language (level 2 – upper elementary)
- Articulation (level 1 – word level and earlier developing sounds)
- Articulation (level 2 – sentence-level and later developing sounds)
- Social Skills (all elementary levels)
There is even an editable letter to send home in introducing the plan! Simply edit it for the group or client and email home along with the activities.
1. Divide your caseload into groups based on goals and skill level (language 1, language 2, articulation 1, articulation 2, social skills).
2. Personalize the editable letter by group or by individual student. Cut and paste this information into the emails you send home.
3. Email each group (language 1, language 2, articulation 1, articulation 2, social skills). I highly recommend emailing yourself and then BCCing the families for privacy reasons.
4. Attach the three activities for the week.
5. Press send!
6. Repeat next week
3 activities to send home each week for each level. These may include:
- Articulation word lists
- Articulation picture lists
- Story maps
- Reading passages
- Book comprehension
- And more!
Wondering how to use PDFs in distance learning? Check out ideas here!
- Print and distribute to families
- Email to families
- Upload to a secure site such as Google Classroom
- Use onscreen during a telepractice session
You may not:
- Share with other professionals
- Upload to an open-access website (such as your school's website)
- Upload to an open-access Google Drive or other shared drives
New Bonus!! I have created articulation videos for some of the sounds included in this resource. Feel free to share them with families! (Note - I am not able to create videos for all sounds). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnojBxcM1d-t6OmC7thSGOAurCNUyI0Vt
Did you love this product? Check out 10 MORE weeks of Distance Learning:
❤️ "I haven't even seen all of the resources yet, and I KNOW this is my favorite purchase from TPT, ever. THANK YOU!"
❤️ "This has truly been a lifesaver for me with schools being closed. This is absolutely everything I need to send to my students and keep up distance learning. Thank you SO MUCH. Your materials are the best!"
❤️ "Thank you, Cheri, for creating and sharing this amazing resource. When I learned my school board would be moving to a distance learning model for an indefinite amount of time, I felt overwhelmed trying to plan activities for the wide variety of students I have on my caseload. This package is going to be so helpful, it felt great to be able to tell my supervisor "I have a plan, and it is ready to go". Thank you for allowing these activities to be emailed to students. I have purchased many of your TPT products in the past and I am always impressed! "
❤️ "This is an absolutely incredible resource!! I appreciate the time it took to create and I feel some relief knowing that I have a plan for distance learning! Thank you!"
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Hi! I'm Cheri, SLP and doctoral student. I'm an Ivy League graduate and creator of one of the first and longest-running speech therapy blogs in the world, Super Power Speech. Since graduating with my master's degree in 2000, I have worked in schools, clinics, hospitals, and private practice. I am a national presenter and have taught students around the world in my online courses. In my free time, you can find me playing soccer with my two teens or reading three books at the same time (in front of the fire, while crocheting).
⭐️⭐️ SUBSCRIBE HERE for access to my library of free speech materials.⭐️⭐️