- Digital escape rooms are a fun, challenging, and engaging way to review content. They are NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Use with students in small groups, individually or whole class. Just share the Google Sites™ website with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Goo$30.00$25.00Save $5.00
- Product Description
Your students have been captured by aliens and have to figure out the codes to unlock the spaceship door before they blast off into outer space! They will search for clues and secret codes by completing activities that review these Math Measurement Skills: estimating and measuring length, weight/mass and liquid volume in U.S. Customary and metric units. This fun and engaging digital escape room (aka digital breakout) is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Use with students in small groups, individually or whole class. Just share the Google Sites™ website with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
Math Skills Included:
- Length (inches, feet, yards, miles, millimeters, centimeters, meters and kilometers)
- Weight/Mass (ounces, pounds, grams and kilograms)
- Liquid Volume (cups, pints, quarts, gallons, liters, and milliliters)
- Equivalent measures
I’ve recently added a guide of ideas for using my Digital Escape Rooms with students via Distance Learning. Check out this Distance Learning Ideas document to see ways you can use it and how you can see students have escaped! Additionally, I have added a directions sheet for students you can provide them for how to get started and navigate the escape room.
What is a digital escape room?
A digital escape room is an online game that begins with a theme or scenario. Students work collaboratively in groups of 2 or 3 or independently in order to escape or breakout. They are challenged to solve puzzles in order to find clues and codes. This breakout has 4 codes to break which are activities to solve. Escape rooms are fun and engaging for students and they LOVE them!
This escape room is meant to be challenging and should take your students 45 minutes to an hour to complete, depending on their ability levels.
Included in this resource:
- Link to the Escape the Spaceship Google Sites™ escape room
***NOTE: Some districts block Google Sites™ for students. Please read the Technology Requirements below and make sure your students have access to Google Sitesing!)
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- Hint Cards
- QR Code (for accessing site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Student Directions for use in Distance Learning
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks or mobile devices
- Access to viewing Google Sites™ and Google Forms™
- Students will need free Google accounts to edit Google Slides™ and Google Sheets™ activities
- Access to jigsawplanet.com
- If using mobile devices, you will need the free Google Slides™ and Google Sheets™ apps downloaded in order for your students to edit the files.
***NOTE: Some districts block Google Sites for students. Please make sure your students have access to Google Sites. You can access my Google Site Test Escape Room HERE. If your students can access this Test Site, they will be able to use my digital escape rooms. The Test Site also has links to JigsawPlanet and MatchtheMemory websites for testing access to these sites.
FAQs: Questions? ACCESS THIS ESCAPE ROOM FAQS DOCUMENT!
Benefits of Digital Escape Rooms (Digital Breakouts):
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Perfect review for a test
- Engaging and fun!
Math skills aligned to Virginia Math SOL 4.8 and Common Core Standards.
You may also be interested in these other products:
Created by Sherri Miller. Please rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!